Archives Contents
Quick Find:
Return To Home Page
Table of Contents

Birding on Dauphin Island

Historic Fort Gaines

POA - Property
Owners' Association


Sand Island Light

Shell Mounds

Town of Dauphin Island-Municipal Government








Dauphin Island, AL
Archive of Historical Data, Books, Maps
And Other Materials

Sand Island Light House


These two generators, aided by racks of storage batteries, provide the electricity for the 4000 watt light from the Sand Island Lighthouse. Paul Tassin, one of the five painters repainting the building, is pictured in the generator room, located at the base of the light. Mobile Coast Guardsmen make regular visits to the island to refuel the generators.
Mobile Press-Register, story by ED LEE, Staff Reporter, photo Press-Register, published September 20, 1953. Recovered and saved by Johnny Newman, Montgomery, AL, member, AL Light House Assoc. Board of Directors


Fort Gaines Sand Island Light House Shell Mounds on Dauphin Island Dauphin Island History Dauphin Island Sea Lab Estuarium

Page designed by:
Gulf Information Pages, Dauphin Island, AL